Mandate of the Somalia NGO Consortium
The mandate was officially adopted by Consortium members in November 2006 and has been the guiding document since January 2007. It was updated in October 2011.
- Do no harm
- Accountability to members
The NGO Consortium facilitates the exchange, production and provision of information for members to make informed decisions on operational and strategic issues, and creates a platform for carrying out joint advocacy issues.
Full Membership Requirements
- International or National NGO
- Programmes working in Somalia
- Signatory to International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Code of Conduct
- Commitment to adhere to the vision and mandate, as well as active participation
- Financial accountability shown through audit
- Payment of annual membership fee