Mandate of the Somalia NGO Consortium
The original Mandate was officially adopted by members in 2006 and has been effective since January 2007. It was subsequently updated in 2011 and 2013 and has been in effect in this present version from 1 February 2014.
- Do no harm
- Accountability to members
The NGO Consortium facilitates the exchange, production and provision of information for members to make informed decisions on operational and strategic issues, and creates a platform for carrying out joint advocacy issues.
Full Membership Requirements
- International or National NGO
- Programmes working in Somalia
- Signatory to International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Code of Conduct
- Commitment to adhere to the vision and mandate, as well as active participation
- Financial accountability shown through audit
- Payment of annual membership fee
- Signatory to the Somalia NGO Consortium Mandate
- Not currently under suspension for fraud by any United Nations entity in Somalia and/or not listed as a UN designated entity as verified by the UN Risk Management Unit