The Consortium Focal Point is responsible for the efficient operation of the Secretariat including management of Consortium expenditure and monitoring of NGO Safety Programme (NSP) spending.
The Focal Point furthermore oversees the NSP, ensuring improved understanding of the operating environment and, as such, the implementation of safer NGO activities in Somalia through provision of training, information and advice.
- Efficient and effective management of the Somalia NGO Consortium
- Synergy between the Consortium and the NSP enabling effective output, including valuable security advice, management and training for all NGOs working in Somalia
- Managerial and financial transparency and accountability of the Consortium and its member organisations
- Managing the NSP Programme Manager and supervision of the NSP representing Consortium member interests, ensuring response to feedback, and facilitating joint communication and approaches
- Chairing the Consortium and NSP Steering Committee and, with the NSP Programme Manager, reporting on progress and NGO security issues to members as well as donors, government representatives and UN agencies where appropriate
- Ensuring a close working relationship with the NSP by addressing mutual concerns and presenting NSP guidance and recommendations at a political level where relevant
- Ensuring managerial and financial accountability