The Somalia NGO Consortium offers a number of practical and administrative services to member organisation to support NGO projects and operations in Somalia and Somaliland.
In addition to our core services, we offer a number of practical and administrative services to support and benefit Consortium member organisations.
- Research & Analysis
- Research conducted in areas of interest expressed by members - targets are detailed in the annual work plan.
- Regular inductions on the Consortium are organised for new members and/or new staff of member organisations. These cover:
- The role, purpose and added value of the Consortium;
- Activities and services of the Consortium and how they address areas of joint concern;
- Consortium structure (governance, management, transparency and accountability);
- Basic introduction to essential information on Somali regions for newly registered NGOs;
- Somalia coordination structure.
- International Staff List
- Mapping and updating the locations of international staff of member organisations throughout all regions of Somalia to support critical incident management (CONFIDENTIAL).
- Interactive Operational Map
- An interactive map tracks members' operational presence in Somalia, illustrating
who is doing what where.
- Interactive Network Calendar
- The interactive calendar informs members of key meetings and working groups relevant to NGOs working in Somalia.
- Job Vacancies
- Our website lists internal and external job vacancies posted by members and nonmembers alike.
- Consultant Database
- The Consortium keeps a consultant database for members to contribute to and draw on for expert advice and project support.
- Bulletin Board
- Our website hosts a regularly updated bulletin board notifying members of key developments and issues relevant to NGOs operating in Somalia
- Feature Stories
- The feature story section on our website offers member organisations increased visibility and the opportunity to share their stories documenting NGO projects in Somalia.